Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy November! Don't forget to change your clocks tonight!

This past week has been one of trials....two of my dear, dear friends lost their respective fathers to death.   I guess they aren't really lost....they are in heaven with God....but my friends are lost in their grief.   Sadly, both men died of heart attacks.   I have been emotionally drained this past week. Trying to be there for my friends while tending to my responsibilities at home and work and keeping up with my school work.   Getting any homework completed had been difficult to say the least. 

I finally got my draft posted.  I still need to find some more information on stem cell research for juvenile diabetes.  I have come across some excellent resources, but they are books that won't get here in time to finish my thesis.  So I will be taking my lunch hour on monday to check out books at the library.  I have certainly learned alot about Juvenile Diabetes and I now have a profound amount of respect for my daughter in law, as she manages to take such excellent care of her son Jared while running a business and a home.  Jared's diabetes is still fluctuating alot.   

My son recently told me that they are saving all they can so they can afford to take Jared to Germany where there is some excellent stem cell transplants going on now for treating and perhaps one day, curing juvenile diabetes.    

I can only hope and pray for my dear little grandson!

Good luck to you all on your thesis papers...I am looking forward to reading them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment